It’s that time of year already.
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Am I right? It's definitely my favorite holiday.
It’s easy to get caught up in the never-ending to-do lists that come with the season. No matter how prepared you may think you’re being by buying Christmas gifts in July, you’re still bound to have a busy and bustling December.
With all your lists, gifts, cookies, programs and obligations it’s easy to forget why we celebrate Christmas, and it’s not for us to eat all the cookies till we're sick, watch all the Christmas movies, or spend all our money on gifts for everyone we know (and I love buying people gifts).
Christmas is a time for celebrating the gracious love that was shown to us through the birth of Jesus and what a blessing that is to us. A way we can show a similar love and honor that gift is by spreading our own version of blessing to others.
Here's a list of 19 ways to inspire you to show some Christmas blessings to others.
Bless a stranger:
1. Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru
2. Pay for someone's groceries
3. Say hello/Merry Christmas to as many people as possible as you bustle around a busy store
4. Visit an eldercare facility and just visit with them during their coffee time.
5. Volunteer at a local charity
6. Say thank you to store workers that are working during the busy season
Bless your Spouse:
7. Take care of all the chores for the night
8. Bring them coffee at work
9. Write them a note of how much you appreciate them
10. Make their favorite meal or dessert
11. Watch their favorite show
12. Buy or make their favorite snack
13. An unasked for foot rub is also nice
Bless your family/friends/community
14. Host a dinner party
15. Start new Christmas traditions together: game night, movie night, concerts, local winter/Christmas events
16. Bake cookies for your friends/family, or better yet, do it together
17. Write a letter to a faraway friend/family member
18. Work together and put on a cookie and coffee time for your grandma and her friends.
19. Offer to babysit the nieces and nephews for a night to give the parents a night to themselves
This season of Christmas always seems to fly by, don’t let it get away from you without making it special and memorable somehow. Take the time to bless someone else in the next coming weeks as your bustling from party to program to yet another gathering. The reason for this season is Jesus and Jesus is love. Go love on people.